About Education International
Education International is a Global Union Federation that represents organisations of teachers and other education employees.
It is the world’s largest, most representative global, sectoral organisation of unions with more than 32.5 million trade union members in 384 organisations in 178 countries and territories.
- Education International promotes the principle that quality education, funded publicly, should be available to every student in every country.
- Education International promotes and represents the interests of teachers and other education employees on the international level.
- Education International assists the development of independent democratic organisations to represent teachers and other education employees and builds solidarity and cooperation between them.
- Education International supports the development of qualifications of teachers and recognition of teachers as professionals.
- Education International supports democracy, peace, social justice, and human rights, including trade union rights and the right to education.
- Education International advocates equity in society. It combats racism and xenophobia. EI policies, programmes and advocacy efforts promote social justice and challenge all forms of discrimination, whether based on age, disability, ethnicity or indigeneity, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation, language, marital status, migratory status, political activism, religion, socio-economic status, trade union affiliation, among others.
- Education International works with other Global Union Federations and other friendly organisations to promote and achieve solidarity.
Education International is the global voice for education employees.
the interests of teachers
equity in society.
Share this page